Skip to content

Change of name

If a Danish citizen abroad has changed his/her name since the last passport renewal, documentation from competent local authorities for this must be presented to the Embassy. This is necessary for the Embassy to be able to issue a Danish passport in the new name. If the documents are not issued in English or Danish, a notarized translation to English or Danish is necessary.

If you have a CPR-number, it is recommended to also update the CPR Registry in Denmark. To do this, the person must contact the municipality in which the person lived before he/she left Denmark. 

For more information, see the webpage of the CPR Registry (only in Danish).

Consular Service