Skip to content

Passports for Adults


It is necessary to make an appointment before handing in your passport application. Please call 03 - 608 5887.

All applicants must present themselves in person.  

Normal processing time is approximately 3-4 weeks. Passports are issued in Denmark.

 Documents to submit upon renewal of passport:

  • 1 application form per person duly filled (please see link to the application form at the bottom of the page)
  • Current passport.
  • One new passport photo.
  • Dual citizenship and not born in Israel: Documentation for your status in Israel, i.e. "Certificate attesting Israeli citizenship" or "Certificate attesting non-Israeli citizenship" from the Israeli Ministry of Interior. The "Certificate attesting Israeli citizenship" must state the date you obtained Israeli citizenship and under what law. If you already have one of the certificates above, and it was issued after the 1st of September 2015, there is no need to obtain a new one.
  • Dual citizenship and born in Israel: Danish Certificate of Nationality issued after the age of 22. 

Following documents must also be submitted if applying for the first time:

  • Original Birth Certificate where both parents names are stated (in Israel the original Birth Certificate from the Ministry of Interior in English).
    Foreign (non-Danish) birth certificates must be legalized with an apostille-stamp.
    Israeli Birth certificates are legalized with apostille by the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Jerusalem. Click here for more information.
    For birth certificates from other countries, please contact the Embassy.

In case the passport is lost/stolen you should also submit the following documents:

  • Police report.
  • Photo-ID (if possible).

If the applicant has changed name since last issued passport, you should also submit:

  • Original Marriage Certificate or other original documentation for name alteration. Provided that documents are not Danish, you should also submit a translation into Danish or English. Documents must be notarized.

Please note, that the Embassy can always request further documentation if necessary.

Consular Service