Skip to content

Change of name

If a Danish citizen abroad with a CPR-number wants to change his/her name in Denmark (for example due to marriage abroad), the person must contact the municipality in which the person lived before leaving Denmark.

For more information, see the webpage of the CPR Registry (only in Danish).

For more information about change of name with regard to Danish passports, please see the passport section on this website.