Skip to content


All applicants  must present themselves in person at the Embassy in Tel Aviv. You must book an appointment in advance.

Please call 03 - 608 5887 during our phone hours for passport matters: Monday 10:30 - 12:30 and Wednesday to Friday 09:00 - 11:00.

Normal processing time is approximately 3-5 weeks. Passports are issued in Denmark.

Emergency passports
If applying for an emergency passport you must bring 2 passport photos. Police report required if passport is lost or stolen.

When submitting an application for passport you must pay a fee. Payment can be made in cash or by cheque. Credit cards are not accepted.


Passports for Adults

Documents to submit upon renewal of passport:

  • Dual citizenship and not born in Israel: Documentation for your status in Israel, i.e. "Certificate attesting Israeli citizenship" or "Certificate attesting non-Israeli citizenship" from the Israeli Ministry of Interior. The "Certificate attesting Israeli citizenship" must state the date you obtained Israeli citizenship and under what law. If you already have one of the certificates above, and it was issued after the 1st of September 2015, there is no need to obtain a new one.
  • Dual citizenship and born in Israel: Original Danish Certificate of Nationality issued after the age of 22. 

Following documents must also be submitted if applying for the first time:

  • Original Birth Certificate where both parents' names are stated (in Israel the original Birth Certificate from the Ministry of Interior in English).
    Foreign (non-Danish) birth certificates must be legalized with an apostille-stamp.
    Israeli Birth certificates are legalized with apostille by the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Jerusalem. Click here for more information.
    For birth certificates from other countries, please contact the Embassy.
  • Parents' Original Wedding Certificate (only if you were born abroad before 1st of July 2014, and only your father was Danish). Foreign (non-Danish) wedding certificates must be legalized with an apostille-stamp andif relevant with a notary translation to English or Danish. Israeli wedding certificates are legalized with apostille by the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Jerusalem.

In case the passport is lost/stolen you should also submit the following documents:

  • Police report.
  • Photo-ID (if possible).

Additional documentation for passport applicants under 18 years old

  • Parents' Israeli ID-Cards with enrolment of child/children (teudat zehut and sefach).
  • Parents’ Israeli passports (if applicable)


About the biometric passport

From 1 January 2012 new Danish passports must contain digital photos, fingerprints and signatures. In this way the security against forgery and misuse of passports is strengthened considerably.

In order to issue the new passport, installation of special equipment for taking photos and recording fingerprints and signature is necessary.  The applications must be handed to and handled by specially authorized staff, which will have access to certain data in the central citizens’ registry, the CPR.

As a consequence, since January 1 2012 it is only possible to apply for a passport in Israel by personal appearance at the Embassy in Tel Aviv. 

The same already applies for citizens of other EU countries residing outside their home country. They also have to travel to Tel Aviv or to their home country to apply for a new passport.

Can I get a new passport during my holiday in Denmark?
Yes.  Already today it is possible – and cheaper – to get a passport with a municipality (kommune) in Denmark.  All Danish citizens can apply for a passport at the Civil Service Center (Borgerservicecenter) in any municipality. It is not necessary for you to reside in or in other way be attached to the municipality.  You can find addresses of Municipal Civil Service Centres by using the following link:  You may wish to call beforehand for information on opening hours, booking of appointment etc. and inform them that you reside abroad.

Can my child be included in my passport?
No. Since 1 October 2004 children, also newly born and children without names, must have their own passport.  A consulate may issue a temporary (emergency) passport if you are in urgent need of a passport. Se above on emergency passports.
Must children also give their fingerprints?
No. Fingerprints are not collected from children below 12 years of age, but they still have to appear in person in order to apply for a passport.  Since January 1 2012 application for passports for children is only handed in at the Embassy.

Should I book an appointment to submit my passport application?
Yes. In connection with implementing biometrics the Embassy has introduced appointment booking to avoid waiting and to provide a better service.